Talend – a Solution Worth Consideration
The wide array of products from Talend – a data integration leader – has been geared towards offering uniqueness, completeness and clarity of data gathered by the organization. The range of Talend solutions helps companies to transform towards data-driven organizations, i.e. to a state in which decisions are made based on credible and reliable information (data) rather than based on the intuition or experience of individuals.
Read this article to discover:
- Why it’s worth choosing a Talend solution
- The most important functionalities and products that Talend offers
Benefits of using Talend software
Talend is a middleware producer originating from France, now based in the United States. The company’s products are available under an open source license and their open architecture provides the flexibility necessary to address integration problems in a given sector. They enable communication between various resources (applications, services, databases, etc.).
Talend software enables integration via both a data bus and ETL processes, skillfully leveraging the advantages of each approach. But what are the specific strengths of Talend’s products?
- They ensure automatic data quality assurance and control within the organization.
- They help build integration flows that are safe and efficient, thanks to the use of over 900 dedicated connectors.
- The integration is extremely fast and requires no programming skills.
- Their products ensure that the organization is comprehensively prepared for proper data governance.
- They facilitate the integration of data regardless of their scale or storage method (Big Data, Cloud, databases, files, queues, Data Streams).
- The comprehensive approach to data integration ensures the implementation of virtually all relevant concepts in this field (MDM, Data Streams, Data Quality, Big Data, ODS, ESB, DWH, etc.).
Talend products and their characteristics
Talend products can be divided into two groups – paid and free. Open-source solutions are the baseline versions, while commercial products contain additional functionalities and tools, or are a compilation of several basic modules. However, before you opt for the licensed edition, you might want to look at the range of features available in the free version:
- Talend Data Integration – enables integration without the need for programming based on efficient ETL processes using a huge set of dedicated connectors.
- Talend Master Data Management – used to manage master data, enabling the unification and synchronization of information located in various systems within the organization.
- Talend Data Quality – an analytical platform for data profiling (preparation of analyzes determining the degree of data correctness).
- Talend Big Data – a solution facilitating the implementation of ETL/ ELT processes in Big Data environments (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, real-time)
- Talend Application Integration – Enterprise Service Bus enables the publication of services and implementation of routing, orchestration and transformation processes.
Hungry for knowledge? Learn more about IT system integration here!.