Onnibus.com is the leading inter-city express bus service operator in Finland, offering two distinct service concepts: Onnibus.com and OnniBus FLEX. The company launched its operations on the 1st of January 2011. Since then, they have become one of the biggest brands in Finland, revolutionizing the mass transport industry by making bus travel once again a competitive alternative to trains and private cars.
OnniBus needed a new and expanded system both for frontend and backend actions. The challenging aspects included improving an existing solution delivered by a previous IT contractor.
- Speed up the publication of new bus routes.
- Minimize the occurrence of critical errors.
- Deliver a scalable and efficient system for online ticket sales, as well as ticket sale management.
- Ensure product quality and provide an SLA maintenance system.
- Streamline the reporting process and enable the searching of online sales data without affecting the performance of the transactional system.
- Transfer of knowledge about the solution from the previous supplier.
- Migration to MS Azure.
- Knowledge transfer from the previous supplier and solution take over.
- Further development of the platform in .Net technology.
What We Learned
We started with a three sessions with the former software delivery partner. This resulted in the handing over of the initial PoC (proof of concept), as well as the due diligence of system maintenance and development from the previous supplier to us.
First, we carried out a detailed audit of the system architecture code and databases whilst creating a plan of refactorization and optimization according to their urgency – based on the client's business needs. Then we installed a full system on the infrastructure we configured in MS Azure.
We carried out a system optimization and refactorization project. It was supported by numerous performance and penetration tests confirming the removal of all threats and ensuring that the system is ready for official change.
Our methodological approach also made it possible to execute an SLA contract with the client, under which we guaranteed 24/7 continuity of system operations and monitoring. The system is currently developed by a dedicated team and Unity Group has become a partner of the Onnibus digital transformation.
/ Hinter den Lösungen
We Can Help You
This is just one example of the expertise we can bring to your company. Every project is different - so is every answer. Get in touch and let's work on something new, together!