Head of Data Science
Wrocław / Kraków / Remote
/ Your Skills
- You have extensive experience delivering business projects in data science, data engineering, and machine learning for demanding clients.
- You have a track record of consulting and selling data projects.
- You are familiar with various machine learning methods such as clustering, decision tree learning, text mining, NLP or artificial neural networks. You understand their strengths and limitations.
- You have a knowledge about advanced statistical analysis methods and concepts (modelling, regression, distributional properties, simulation, scenario analysis, clustering, random forest, boosting, trees, etc.) and you will be able to apply them to solve business problems.
- You will be able to design and analyze advanced data architectures.
- You have a good understanding of the process of designing and implementing data warehouses, data lakes, relational/non-relational databases, visualization and reporting (business intelligence), and data migration/consolidation.
- You have experience in the area of digital business transformation.
- You are fluent in English 😊.
/ Your Role
- You will define the vision and set the strategic direction for the Data Science business unit. You will be responsible for the development of this business area and for shaping its offering to the market.
- You will be the Data Science guide for our customers. You will build and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners in a variety of industries.
- You will actively seek sales opportunities and oversee the sales process.
- You will lead and grow a team of professionals - Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Machine Learning Specialists.
- You will oversee data projects and ensure that they are of the highest quality and standards.
- At Unity Group, we are a team, so you will be working closely with other departments to ensure that we are sharing information and working together to achieve our business goals.
- You will be a part of online and offline events, building Unity Group's visibility in specific industries.
- Remember! In Unity Group we are the team, so you can always count on the substantive support of your colleagues.
/ To Have
- You speak German
#JoinUteam – Your team:
Hi! We are a tight-knit Data Science team at Unity Group and we are looking for a leader to embark on an adventurous data journey with us. On a daily basis, we help our clients, mainly large brands known in Poland and abroad, to become organizations that fully leverage the potential that lies in data. We know that data projects are demanding. However, the satisfaction is priceless when we create the right models and build solutions based on them that give our partners tangible business benefits.
In our team you will find Data Consultants, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists. We are constantly sharing knowledge - on Slack, Confluence and during our virtual coffees.
We are looking for a leader who understands what data projects are all about on different levels: analytics, consulting, data engineering, data science, machine learning. The Head of Data will show our clients why they should use solutions that leverage the potential of data. Perhaps that's who you are?
Sounds good to you?
/ Then appply for it!
Any questions or doubts on this position?
Go ahead! Contact the recruiter who is in charge of this offer.
People Partner / Recruitment Lead
CV Review - Have you applied? That’s great! We will verify your profile
Let’s get to know each other better - A short phone conversation with a recruiter
An F2F meeting / recruitment task - Share your experience with us - a conversation with a technical person and team leader
Feedback / job offer - We believe in feedback culture - you'll always get a response from us
Individual approach for every candidate
Every role is different. We respond to the needs of each candidate and the position applied for. This way, you get the best recruitment experience and we get the best team members.
Nobody likes waiting around. On average, from initial application to final decision, our process takes around 2 weeks. We make a conscious effort to not keep people in the dark.
Short decision paths
A quick decision path means less people to complicate the process. From HR to department leaders, this short path results in fast answers and clear decisions.
Feedback always provided
We appreciate the time, effort and respect every candidate gives us, so we always give feedback to help you progress, regardless of the decision.
Low percentage of rejected job contracts
Very few of our offers are rejected. Between our long reputation and the engaging projects we can offer, we’re confident we can find the ideal place to help you develop and grow.