Solution: Cloud Infrastructure Industry: Education
Lowering the Operational Costs of Platform due to Migration to the AWS Cloud
The Learning Partnership (TLP) is a UK-based company that aims to develop the potential and natural talents of children and young people through practical and exciting Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) experiences. The company’s social mission is to work with many STEM leaders to develop applications that have a direct impact on student engagement and educational achievement.
TLP carries out its missions and goals through the social networking platform Dendrite.me, designed to support human development from an early age. The free platform enables students, teachers and parents worldwide to participate in world-class education and career development programs in STEM fields. Because of its community character, dendrite.me supports the creation of relationships between students and teachers.
- The Dendrite platform is of great interest to users. The owner of the platform, The Learning Partnership, wanted to be able to develop the platform at the lowest possible cost without compromising the availability and performance of the application.
- Unity Group was tasked with analyzing the architecture and configuration of cloud services used by the Dendrite platform.
- We also explored the possibility of cloud services for reducing operating costs to ensure the sustainable development of the company in the future.
- The first step was a thorough analysis of the architecture, current platform costs and customer needs, as a result of which we proposed the migration of the entire platform to the Amazon Web Services cloud.
- In our opinion, AWS is the most flexible and mature offer among cloud services, which gives a chance for the best results.
- We implemented detailed monitoring, enabling the full control of all key components.
- We conducted rightsizing, i.e. changing server parameters per current needs. To this end, we exchanged customer instances for machines with better-suited parameters.
- We implemented a schedule to run virtual environments only during programmers’ working hours and disable them in the remaining time. With this change, the client only pays for the time in which he uses the servers.
- We launched scheduled backup of the data in the cloud.
- We covered the project with full administrative support, under which a team of administrators provides a 24/7 SLA service and provides continuous recommendations in the area of performance, stability and cost optimization of the solution.
/ Behind Solutions
We Can Help You
This is just one example of the expertise we can bring to your company. Every project is different - so is every answer. Get in touch and let's work on something new, together!