Linux System Administrator
Wrocław / Kraków / Remote
B2B: 55 - 85 zł netto / h + VAT
UoP: 6 700 - 10 400 zł brutto
/ Your Skills
- 2 years of experience in adminstration of Linux operation systems
- Knowledge of commonly used online protocols (TCP/IP, http, DNS)
- Knowledge of modern methods of building containerized apps
- Knowledge of basic topics regarding security of systems and web
- znajomość wybranej chmury publicznej
- Good interpersonal skills and constructive approach to the given topics
- English level at minimum B1
- Open approach to cooperation with other team members
- The need for personal development
/ Your Role
- Taking care of the process of systems entrusted in you in accordance to procesess and practicess agreed on beforehand
- Co-composing decent practices in the area of systems management
- Analysis and solving problems reported by the monitoring system or users (L2/L3)
- Optionally and in accordance to free time- taking part in tasks from other areas connected to cloud technologies or web and system management
/ Your Expertise
- Operating Systems (Linux)
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Orchestration of systems (Ansible, Terraform)
- Monitoring systems (Grafana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, ELK)
- Containers and systems managing containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift)
- CI/CD (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- WWW servers, load balancers (Apache2, Nginx, Haproxy, Varnish)
The Service Desk team generally takes care of saving the world, meaning keeping the company systems working, and their biggest project is the Helpdesk. The team works mostly for the internal client but also takes part as the PoC for external contractors. SD team has a lot of successes on their part, for example implementing huge, company-wide, tools. Last year they moved two of our offices into new locations and gave the whole Unity Group team the consistency of remote work during the pandemic.
The Service Team desk works from Wrocław and Kraków. The key technologies they use are Windows, Office 365, Linux, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), Slack.
Despite every member of the SD team being very different from each other, they are very close and commit to a specific rule: ‘all for one, and one for all'. The team integrates frequently and during the pandemic have moved their ‘Friday beer meetings’ to the VR. Their office space is full of life. What inspires them is the Polish meme of “Janusz Nosacz”.
Sounds good to you?
/ Then appply for it!
Any questions or doubts on this position?
Go ahead! Contact the recruiter who is in charge of this offer.
CV Review - Have you applied? That’s great! We will verify your profile
Let’s get to know each other better - A short phone conversation with a recruiter
An F2F meeting / recruitment task - Share your experience with us - a conversation with a technical person and team leader
Feedback / job offer - We believe in feedback culture - you'll always get a response from us
Individual approach for every candidate
Every role is different. We respond to the needs of each candidate and the position applied for. This way, you get the best recruitment experience and we get the best team members.
Nobody likes waiting around. On average, from initial application to final decision, our process takes around 2 weeks. We make a conscious effort to not keep people in the dark.
Short decision paths
A quick decision path means less people to complicate the process. From HR to department leaders, this short path results in fast answers and clear decisions.
Feedback always provided
We appreciate the time, effort and respect every candidate gives us, so we always give feedback to help you progress, regardless of the decision.
Low percentage of rejected job contracts
Very few of our offers are rejected. Between our long reputation and the engaging projects we can offer, we’re confident we can find the ideal place to help you develop and grow.